The Consumer Health Foundation is committed to building a region and a nation in which everyone has an equal opportunity to live a healthy and dignified life. We provide grants in the District of Columbia, suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia. Through our programs and partnerships with grantees, community and advocacy organizations, foundations and local governments, we are working to advance the health and well-being of low-income communities and communities of color in the Washington, D.C., region.
What We Stand For
The Consumer Health Foundation (CHF) believes that to achieve health equity, we must also achieve racial equity and economic justice. Our work is grounded in this belief, as are our mission, vision, values and logic model. Read more about our Focus on Equity.
We envision a region and a nation in which everyone lives a healthy and dignified life. By “everyone”, we mean all people regardless of race, ethnicity, immigration status, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education or income.
The mission of CHF is to advocate for racial equity and racial justice through programs and investments that advance the health and well-being of low-income communities and communities of color.
- Consumer Voice and Engagement – We believe that everyone, especially in low-income neighborhoods and communities of color, has to be heard and engaged to eliminate health inequities and build healthy communities.
- Equity and Social Justice – We understand that structural racism contributes to poorer health outcomes among people of color. We need to develop social and economic policies that create opportunities for good health.
- Health Care for All – We believe that everyone deserves equitable access to affordable, high-quality health care.
- Partnership – We value collaboration and participation in coalitions and networks that advance health and racial equity.
- Innovation and Risk Taking – We support innovative and emerging programs that have the potential to demonstrate new and effective ways of thinking and doing.
- Shared Learning – We are committed to sharing the knowledge gained from our work.
- Foundation Accountability – We ensure that our own policies, programs, practices and operations are in keeping with our values.
Our Logic Model and Theory of Change
Download a printable version (PDF|62 KB) of our logic model and theory of change.